SEO is one of the most important aspects of online marketing. It is the process of optimizing your website or blog so that you can rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). And while there are a number of paid tools and services available to help you with your SEO efforts, there are also a few quality free tools that can help make the process a little bit easier.
Here are some of the best free SEO tools available for keyword research!
The best free tools for doing keyword research
In our opinion, if you aren’t ready to invest in hiring an agency to help optimize your content or plan your PPC strategy and would prefer to DIY your keyword research, these are the top free keyword tools available: Google Keyword Planner, Moz’s Keyword Explorer, and SEMrush’s Keyword Analyzer.
Google Keyword Planner is a great tool for finding keywords related to your business or website. You can enter a few keywords or phrases, and the tool will give you a list of related keywords along with their average monthly search volume.
Moz’s Keyword Explorer is another great tool for finding keywords. It has a number of features that make it different from other keyword research tools, including its “Keyword Difficulty” metric, which measures how difficult it would be to rank for a particular keyword.
SEMrush’s Keyword Analyzer is another great tool for finding keywords. It allows you to enter a competitor’s website and see what keywords they are targeting in their SEO efforts. It also provides information on the competition level and estimated traffic for each keyword.
As an agency, we have several more resources and tools we use internally to develop strategies for our clients, but three above will get you started on the right foot!
How to use these tools to find the right keywords for your website or blog
When it comes to doing keyword research, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The importance of targeting the right keywords
- The difficulty of ranking for different keywords
- The competition level and estimated traffic for different keywords
The best way to find the right keywords for your website or blog is to use a combination of these three free keyword research tools. By entering a few keywords into each tool and comparing the results, you should be able to get a good idea of which keywords are most relevant to your business or website and which ones would be the easiest to rank for.
Once you’ve found a few good keyword options, the next step is to start optimizing your website or blog for those keywords.
Tips for using keywords effectively in your SEO efforts
Here are a few tips for using keywords effectively in your SEO efforts:
- Choose the right keywords
- Target keywords that are relevant to your business or website
- Target keywords that have a high search volume
- Target keywords that are not too difficult to rank for (at least initially)
- Monitor your website’s position for your target keywords (at Genessee, we use Rank Ranger* to do this)
- Make changes to your website or blog to improve your ranking for target keywords
Additional resources on SEO and keyword research
SEO and keyword research are two of the most important aspects of online marketing. They can be difficult to learn and master, but luckily there are a few great resources available to help you get started.
Here are some of the best resources for learning more about SEO and keyword research:
- SEOmoz’s Learning Center: This website offers a variety of tutorials on SEO and keyword research, as well as other online marketing topics.
- Google’s Webmaster Academy: This website offers a variety of tutorials on SEO, as well as information on how to create a successful website.
- Search Engine Land’s Guide to SEO (PDF): This guide covers everything from the basics of SEO to more advanced topics like keyword research and link building.
- Quick Sprout’s Ultimate Guide to Keyword Research: This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the process of keyword research, from finding keywords to measuring their effectiveness.
Keyword research is essential for any business or website looking to improve its search engine ranking. By using a combination of these three tools we mentioned in this post, you can find the right keywords for your business or website and start optimizing your website or blog for those keywords. Use these tools and tips to effectively use keywords in your SEO efforts and improve your website’s search engine ranking!